BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 3, 2010

You should not wear leggings(or tights) as pants.

I consider myself to be a pretty fashionable person. When leggings first came out(or came back, is what I really should say), I was skeptical. It brought me back to being 10 years old wearing VERY bright colored leggings. I was not ready to get back into wearing something like that again. Let me rephrase that: I was NOT going to wear anything like that EVER again. But I began to see some people wear them with class, so I decided that I would give them a try, but only in neutral colors. So I bought a pair. I wore them under a dress that was a little too short to be worn by itself. I thought I looked cute!
But, I started to see people wearing them around as pants. IN PUBLIC! I was appalled. Let me tell you something ladies, wearing leggings as pants is NOT OK. The correct way to wear them is with a tunic or dress, having your butt FULLY covered. Wearing as pants is just asking for people, particularly males who can't control their eyes(not saying all males can't control themselves), to look at your butt. And trust me, they will study it. But, I dunno, maybe you are that kind of person who likes for people to look at your butt. Ok then. Go for it. Be my guest. Why don't you wear a pair of sweats that say "Juicy" on the butt too? Really, don't be upset when you catch someone checking your behind out, b/c you put yourself in that situation. Am I sounding harsh? TOO BAD. Too many people these days don't leave any room for imagination. I understand if you're full figured or have curves- that's not really something you can help, but the point is that you can still be fashionable and modest at the same time. I'm not saying you need to be covered from head to toe.
But, do you really want to look like this?

That's just wrong on so many levels.
Also, tights do not qualify as pants, either. Tights are see through-you wear them under things.
You don't wear them like this:

I'm not really sure what that girl was thinking, but if that were my daughter, I would not let her walk out of the house like that. I almost feel bad.

Now, ladies, this is one of the CORRECT ways to wear leggings:


Sorry if I come off as judgmental, but really, I'm posting this b/c I'm tired of seeing TMI when it comes to body parts. If you want to wear leggings with a t-shirt, wear it to bed or around the house, not in public.

Lastly, I leave you with this.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I disagree. Leggings look fantastic as pants. They also look classy with a tunic or dress, and granted, for most occasions that is most appropriate, and looks classy and fantastic. But it can also look great without any significant butt-coverage. The fact is guys will look at your butt no matter what. I promise you that every time you walk into a Mall a guy looks at your butt at least once. The question is, how awesome do you want your butt to look?

I think your problem is you think of leggings as an evolution of hose, when in fact they are an evolution of sports leggings. Which are most definitely supposed to be worn as pants. Someone realized that their ass looked hot when they went to the gym and decided that they wanted to look like that when going out clubbing. It looks great, and manages to make your butt look smaller while still showing off your wonderful feminine curves.

Of course they have to fit perfectly but when done properly you will look amazing. I encourage you to give it a go.

Chris-Chris said...

Whomever you are, if I know you, you didn't have to make yourself anonymous. Everyone's opinions are different.
It's all good. That's just how I feel. Agree to disagree. Some people take risks and that's not one I'm willing to take. I won't be wearing any leggings as pants anytime soon. =)

Michael.E said...

As a male it is very hard for me to keep my eyes where they should be when I see women wearing leggings as pants. The lady in the third image with the skirt covering her knees actually made my mind go crazy in lust for her. The problem there was I could see through the skirt and ultimately see the leggings.

Bitsy said...

Keep the faith. Leggings *ARE* 'an evolution of hose'.

Pants are OPAQUE.

http://thoseaintpants.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Oh NO!!!! Men looking at a woman's butt? What's the world coming to?

Anonymous said...

stfu