BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Inner turmoil

If you keep up with my blog, you may have read that I am trying to save money and that would include not shopping! Today I went to Target to buy a dress. Now you may be saying, "Didn't you just say you were trying not to shop?" Yes. Yes, I did. BUT, there is an exception b/c I have a wedding to go to in 2 weeks and need something to wear, PLUS I have a gift card to Target that I was planning to use. No money would have been spent unless I went over the amount of the gift card. So, I'm browsing around hoping that they'll have a bigger size in the dress that I previously tried on. (It looks way cuter in person, btw.) I was going to pair it with a pair of blue shoes that I have. They didn't have it. So I tried on another dress, but it was too clingy. While I was looking for a dress, I found this. I instantly grabbed it off the rack. I had actually been looking for something like this. I have a few similar ones, but they are all quarter sleeves. I wanted long sleeves for summer nights and for when it is actually cold outside. I tried it on and I'm not lying when I say that I was in heaven. It was so freakin' comfortable and soft that I said "Oh yeah, this is coming home with me." For $18, that's not bad. So, I continue to get what I need and the whole time, I felt like I had a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other. "You know you want." "But, do you really need it?" I must've walked around that store for a good 30 minutes like that. I kid you not. I thought I might cry. OK, not really, but when I stumble across something so cute that I have searched for who knows how long, I want it. I had finished picking up all that I needed and walked myself back to the very spot that I picked this ridiculously comfortable item up at. I felt like someone had taken over my legs, b/c seriously, I would have went right to register with it. I put it back on the rack and walked away very fast. Was I sad? Of course. But, at the same time, I was happy b/c I had control over my impulses.
It's been a really hard thing for me. I love clothes. I like to look good. So, maybe in a few weeks, I'll go back and get it. And by then, it could be on sale. And maybe I'll even have the opportunity to use my gift card, BUT for now, I don't need it. I still think about it, but I know that I made the right decision.

Moving forward.

1 comments:

Sweet P said...

So proud of you! I know its hard. I am the same way. I'm also working on saving money. You are better than me...I can't even go into the stores now out of fear that I may run a muck! Stay the course girl!