BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Love...

This is a response I wrote to an article that was posted in my college's newspaper back in 2005(I think).
It's funny how I was just going through my email drafts and this was in there. I think that's when I was just starting to realize that loving is a good way to reach people. I have to say I'm quite proud of my 21 year old brain.
I'm sure I'll get mixed reviews on this. Should you choose to respond, please choose your words carefully. Your comment will be deleted if you get defensive, or offensive, or just downright stupid.

"I would like to respond to the articles put in the February 22 edition of the news paper, titled "Anti-gay sentiment on campus" and "Crusade against Campus Crusade." As a former campus crusade member, I was completely appalled at some of the words that were harshly spoken spoken to these people. No wonder why why people generalize christians to be such bad, hypocritical people! But, let it be know that you shouldn't have to generalize all christians and perceive them to be such evil people based on one experience.

Being raised a christian most of my life, and having my own personal relationship with God, I have always been taught that you are to be loving towards all people, regardless of their race, social status, sexual preference, etc. While I may not agree with homosexuality, I will never ever judge a person because of that. A few of my friends are lesbians and they know of my beliefs and convictions, but due to the fact that I don't judge them for it, we continue to be friends. You see, I never see it my place to judge anyone. I don't place myself on some kind of pedestool just because I'm a christian. I don't think I'm any better than you. I also don't find it right to go around preaching at people, interrupting their conversations, telling them that they're gonna go to hell if they don't become a christian right this second. Nobody is even going to want to be your friend, none the less become a christian, if someone acts that way towards them.

Let me also say that christians shouldn't have to be stuck into one category, because of one person's experience. Not all of us are the same. Not all of us are hypocritical. Not all of us have demeaning characters. Not all of us attack people with our beliefs. And because of that, I ask you to respect and not judge those of us who are not like that. I am one of those people who is friendly and non judgmental. I would never force my religion on anyone. That's just not who I am.

What I believe in is not a fairy tale. It's very real to me. I'm sure that there are things in everyone's lives that are real to them; does that give you the right to call it a fairy tale? I wouldn't call what you believe in a fairytale. I may not agree with it, but I certainly have no right to call it that. I don't hide behind my bible and I don't prey on people and make them my targets. I believe that we all have faults, christian or no christian. Which, again, is why I make no claims to be better than anyone."
Don't remember if I wrote anymore after that, but that was my heart. Still is.

0 comments: