BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I try not to complain.

Did anyone experience the monsoon that we had on the east coast? Usually, I can stand the rain, but yesterday, I almost called out of work. I was walking to the bus stop and it was pouring. My umbrella is cheap, so when the wind would blow, which was like every 5 seconds, it would blow inside out. When I got to the stop, it was basically uncontrollable, so I closed it. I felt like I was at the stop for a good 10 minutes before the bus came. The rain was coming down hard and it was blowing in all different directions, making it hard for me to attempt to stand one way to at least try to not get wet. What a joke. To make it worse, I had fallen asleep w/ my contacts in the night before, so I was wearing my glasses. I felt blind. I seriously wanted to cry. Fast forward an hour or so and I get to the stop to go to work. It's basically a river trying to cross the street. I was grouchy when I got to work. I was wet and had to sit with the space heater at my feet to dry off.
The rain calmed down by the time I left, but it seemed to get worse as I was waiting for the bus to go home. It was late. Come to find out, they had to reroute all the buses b/c somebody called a bomb threat into the courthouse. The buses stop on that street. So, when I got off the first bus, I had to walk about 4 block to get to the center of town. Then I see that the street I get the bus at is blocked off. I wanted to cry again. I looked up to the sky and said "My God, why have you forsaken me?"

Just kidding. I didn't. BUT, I was like "Where the heck am I supposed to get the bus?" So, I walk over to the little bus teller and she tells me that I need to walk up to State St, which is about 3 blocks down. Ok, no biggie, except for the fact that I really needed to pee. So, I go to starbucks and get a hocho and ask for the key to the bathroom. Did you know you have to be a customer to use the bathroom? Lame. What if I had to throw up? Or go diarrhea? They should at least be courteous to those people. I was gonna pee my pants like a 2 year old who just learned how to pee on the toilet and stopped wearing diapers. Really. But, I was nice and bought a drink. Anyway, back to my original story. So, I walk up while I am facing the rain and the wind. It felt like I was climbing a mountain. I mean, it should not take that much effort to walk through the rain. Maybe it was just b/c I wanted to go home and get out of my wet clothes. So, I get to the stop and I must have waited like 20 minutes. It was cold. My hair was blowing all over the place(Did I mention that I haven't really had a good hair day since Saturday? OK, maybe Sunday. I can't wait for the sun to come out tomorrow and my flat iron can see the light of day again! Even though, it saw it on Saturday). My glasses were foggy. My hands were numb.

This was me.


Go ahead. You can laugh. I look redunkulous. All I know is that I was happy to get home and change into warm clothes. And I also know that this entry is not as funny as I planned it out to be. Oh well.

Tomorrow is my first time back on facebook after a month! I was going to stay up till midnight, but seeing as how it's 11:18 and my eyes are closing, I think I will go to sleep. Good night.

0 comments: